Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Guten free, Corn free, milk free, egg free bread recipe!

We have so many allergies in our family that it is hard to find a good bread. J has gluten allergies. R has corn, dairy and egg allergies. Because most gluten free breads use corn flour as a substitute this has been a big pain for me. I also care about having a good quality bread to eat. So for years now we've been making our own bread- two different breads. Like life isn't complicated enough to be juggling bread? hahaha:-) Last month I came across this bread recipe.  I LOVE IT! I thought I couldn't be the only one "juggling" bread at home, so I decided to share the recipe:-) I'll include the link to the original recipe but I'll paste the recipe with the changes that I've made to it to fit my family's needs below.
http://celiacnurse.com/gluten-free-corn-free-bread-recipe/


Large Bowl

2 and 1/8 cups brown rice flour
1 cup of potato starch
1/4 cup of tapioca flour
3 tsp of guar gum or xanthum gum. (If corn-free, use guar gum)
1 and 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup ground flax seed meal
1/4 cup sugar
Mix all the ingredients together.

Medium Bowl

3 eggs (I use the equivalent of ENERG egg replacer)
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 cup almond milk
Mix together

Small Bowl
1 tbsp of gluten-free, corn-free yeast
1 tbsp of white sugar
1 cup of warm water
Mix together and let proof until foam begins to develop.

Get your bread maker pan and insert the mixing paddle into the bottom. Put the contents from the medium bowl in first, followed by the contents of the large bowl, then the contents of the small bowl on top. Put the pan into bread maker and cook at white, medium, rapid cycle. Bake and enjoy!*

  *I should say that when I made this in my bread machine, it spilled over the top of the bread pan (I don't know if it happened when it was rising or baking) causing a huge mess inside of my bread machine and filled my house with smoke! I have no idea why. We have a 2lb bread machine. So I don't use the bread machine. I mix the three bowls together and then dump the ingredients into a bread pan. I let it rise for about an hour. Then I bake it at 350 for about 45 minutes (or until it is nice a golden brown and the tooth pick comes out clean)

It tastes great! And my whole family can eat it:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment